What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening is a treatment in which discolored teeth are restored to a healthy, beautiful color. Teeth discoloration happens for many reasons. Over time, teeth can become badly stained due to coffee, soda, or tea. However, there are multiple reasons why your teeth are not as white as they used to be – or should be.
What are the causes of dull or discolored teeth?
Some of the reasons why your teeth may have become dull or discolored are:
- Genetics— Genetics can actually play a large part in the color of your teeth. It can also lead to certain treatable dental conditions.
- Age – Your age can also play a large role the coloration of your teeth. As we age, our enamel can become thin. This thinning can lead to the color of dentin (a shade of yellow) beneath the enamel to bleed through.
- Injury – Injury can play a part in the color of your teeth. Certain injuries can even lead to the discoloration of your dentin, causing the color to show through the enamel.
- Illness – Certain illnesses can also lead to the discoloration of your teeth. Depending on the circumstances, this can be fixed through our teeth whitening solutions.
- Medicines – You may have heard that some medicines can lead to the discoloration of your teeth, and it is true. This is especially true when it comes to certain antibiotics.
- Tobacco – Smoking can lead to serious yellowing of the teeth, along with several other dental diseases like gum disease and oral cancers.
- Food & Drinks – When your teeth repeatedly come into contact with certain foods and drinks such as berries, wine, coffee, tea, and soda – they can become badly stained.
Fortunately, there is a way for you to enjoy smiling again with the whitest smile possible.* In-office teeth whitening is much more effective than any at-home teeth whitening products. Our whitening systems work much faster, too.
How does teeth whitening work?
When you come in for your whitening appointment, your teeth will be cleaned to remove any excess tartar, plaque or debris that will block the bleaching solution. Once your teeth are cleaned, your gums and the soft tissue in your mouth will be protected with a gentle retainer as the whitening gel is applied to your teeth. A non-ultraviolet (UV) light application is then pointed at your gel-covered teeth for about 15 minutes. In this time, the whitening components are fully activated.* The procedure is completely painless, even for those with sensitive teeth.* After the gel is removed, your teeth will look whiter within the first hour.* With proper flossing and brushing, and regular dental appointments, your results can last for a long time.*
Schedule your appointment in Delta, British Columbia
We offer state-of-the-art, in-house teeth whitening using only the most advanced laser teeth whitening systems available. In about 1 hour, your teeth will be up to 7 shades whiter.* If you would like a brighter, whiter smile – schedule an appointment with Dr. Raj Dhiman by calling (604) 946-9588 or by filling out the form on our site.* We serve Delta, Ladner, Tsawwassen, Richmond and the surrounding areas in British Columbia.
*Individual results may vary; not a guarantee